Pages

17.12.12

We interrupt our regular scheduled update.


Sandy Hook Elementary School is 17.5 miles from my house, the unspeakable tragedy on Friday occurred in my backyard. I'm not going to attempt to bring humor into the picture, my normal defense mechanism has failed me in this situation. I'm not going to try to convey to you the changes our community has under gone over the weekend, you'd need to be here to see it. 

Instead I'm just going to leave you with a quote that has provided me with a small measure of comfort and my prayers for the 27 lost and the countless left behind who are suffering. 

"When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." To this day, especially in times of "disaster," I remember my mother's words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers, so many caring people in this world." - Fred Rogers


Anyone looking to help can donate here.