Pages

9.8.10

Vintage NOM


I was going to give you a really ground breaking post exposing a secret family recipe to the blogging world, my mother's infamous Italian Meatloaf. There was an uproar in the social circle and deep within my soul so that recipe will probably never see the light of day. It's too bad though, apparently that recipe is the only reason guys are ever interested in me, it's that good. You'll have to come over sometime, I'll make it fore you. Provided that you understand any lustful feelings you may have towards me afterwords will be thwarted by Mr. Button.

Since I can't honor my mother by exposing her top secret recipe to the interwebs I'll share another one that's been kicking around my dinner table since I could walk. Growing up she called this chicken noodle casserole because, like most kids, without ever having tired it I decided that I hated tuna fish. I would never eat it and there was nothing you could do about it, ever, unless of course you hid it in my dinner. Imagine my horror one night, spotting the tuna can in our kitchen garbage and connecting the dots. I don't remember my reaction or my mother's but I'm sure her's was something along the lines of, "you've been eating it for years thinking it was chicken, it obviously hasn't killed you, so hush up." This, among other similar reasons,  is why I adore my mother.

So with that, I bring you, "Mom's, Not Chicken, but Tuna Cassarole".

I promise I will practice taking better food pictures.


What you're going to need:
12 oz bag of wide egg noodles
10.7 oz can cream of chicken soup
15oz can no salt added peas
12oz can tunafish
Enough milk to fill the soup can
5 slices of cheese (ripped in pieces)
Italian seasoned bread crumbs

1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Boil water and cook egg noodles according to directions on package.
3. Combine all other ingredients (minus bread crumbs) in a sauce pan an heat until everything is melted together
My stove has sunflowers on it, you're jealous.

4. Drain water from egg noodles and return them to their pot.
5. Mix sauce into noodles.
6. Pour noodles/sauce into a casserole dish (the shape doesn't matter).

You're welcome for the action shot.
7. Flatten out casserole and top with bread crumbs.

Apologies for not so much action.


8. Put it in the oven!

Do you think my oven needs to be cleaned?


9. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until bread crumbs start to brown.
10. Eat, enjoy and if you like it send my mother a thank you note.

Mmmmmmm




No comments:

Post a Comment