Pages

5.11.12

Babies...WTF



I don't know if this is just in my little world or if there's an countrywide movement that I'm unaware of, but there are babies everywhere. Both inside and out of the womb I am surrounded. For clarification, there are none inside MY womb, though apparently that would be just fine with the world, more on that later.

I feel like I shouldn't be surprised and that this just comes with the territory of being 28 years old. People are married, people are buying houses, people are having babies. According to the Beef people are beasting out on these activities.

Long gone are the days of hearing someone is pregnant and respond with "Oh Sh*t!" and wondering if they'll get shipped off to Wyoming or wherever those unwed mothers go. I'm kidding about that last part, much to my dismay the town I live in is seemingly full of teenaged unwed mothers. Not that I'm saying teenagers should get married, but they probably shouldn't be having babies. *shrug* Just my two cents.

But alas, as young as I may still feel at times my teenaged days are more than a decade behind me, and as I continue to age my social counterparts who feel more sure of themselves in adult roles are going to start doing more and more adult like things.

I myself am not physically, financially or emotionally ready to have a baby. I feel blessed to be surrounded by so many people who are and even more blessed that I've managed to keep my wits around me and not succumb to the every popular baby-fever.

However, there was a disturbance in my little world a little while ago when I posted the following status of facebook: Well it's official!! We have some amazing yet shocking news... We are expecting!! 10 weeks and 4 days! I know, I am in shock too! I can hardly believe it myself. I wasn't going to post it on facebook but since you are my wonderful friends and some like family I wanted to make it official. I'm too over whelmed to keep it a secret. Who would have guessed that us of all people would be expecting, We are expecting SANTA in just 10 and a 1/2 weeks. . Re-post if you have a good sense of humor. ;-)

Now, if you're like most people you only half read things on your facebook feed and after skimming the above blurb you probably thought I was pregnant. Even after I made SANTA pretty obvious there was still some confusion. The disturbance to my world came when I realized that had I actually announced my pregnancy via facebook for the most part it would be alright. Though there would be a few exceptions, the most notable being my father who responded with "Just picked myself off the floor." 

I just had the pleasure of spending the weekend with a pregnant friend and gained some insight to some of those things that no one ever tells you about being pregnant. It's just another situation where I'm mentally taking notes in the hopes one day all of this baby stuff will make sense and I won't be completely clueless when I grow up. 

In the mean time I'm just waiting for everyone else's babies to be old enough to babysit.

Hard Fact: 41% of my facebook friends are parents. 


No comments:

Post a Comment