Pages

8.11.12

Oh New England...


I've been told that the old timers in New England have a say; "If you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes."

5 minutes may be a bit of an exaggeration but things here can certainly change quickly.

Case in point:

I took this photo on Tuesday afternoon:

I took this photo five minutes ago when I got home from work:

My coworkers think I'm crazy but I love winter nearly as much as I love autumn. As I strolled into work yesterday with our little snow storm in full swing someone shouted out "Are you happy now? You LOVE this!". 

I am happy but I feel like perhaps I am nearly alone in this.

Sure, snow is cold, wet, makes you have to clean off your car, shovel the driveway, extends your commutes 3 times as long as they should be and all the other things adults complain about. Honestly though, I find that annoying, but I've never lost the feelings amazement and wonder that snow, especially the first snow made me feel when I was a child. It still seems magical. I don't care that I ended up working an extra 8 hours because people didn't feel like driving in it to come to work. If it wasn't for that I would have been sleeping and missed the sight of the snow gently falling at 1am in the field next to the building I work in. It was absolutely beautiful. 



Because of all of this magical snow the Christmas bug that was nibbling on me has now firmly sunk it's teeth in and instead of paying attention to the fact that I've been awake for 24 hours I think I'll do some Christmas crafting today.

So, how nuts do you think I am?


No comments:

Post a Comment