Pages

10.10.13

Who Are You People?!


So just for shits and giggles I decided to browse some of the stats for this blog. It's not normally something I pay attention to or even care about but I'm glad I looked because I found a few interesting things.

Approximately 34% of my pageviews come from outside of the United States, with the largest amount coming from Russia. I am fascinated by this and while I'm not sure how you found me I would like to say Здравствуйте! Как поживаете? Don't get too excited though, aside from собака that's all I've retained from a Russian language/history course I took in high school.

A whopping 40% of my pageviews come from people who are using Internet Explorer.  Now, if you'd asked me I would say that I didn't know a single person who still used IE (I even upgraded my mom to Chrome) so I'm quite confused. Am I friends with closet IE users? Also, if you happen to be someone who is currently using IE, can you please explain why?


71% of my pageviews come from windows operating systems which wasn't surprising to me even though I'm futsin' with a Mac these days. What was surprising however was that under the operating systems list I found out that people are indeed viewing from their droid, iphones and in 56 cases, a blackberry. Who is viewing blogs on a blackberry? There were also a few ipad instances which is a new category for my blog viewers and 43 views from an ipod which completely blows my mind because I can't imagine using my ipod to read my own blog, let alone someone elses.

If you fall into any of these categories feel free to speak up, I'd love to hear from you.

And then came the search terms that led people stumble upon the blog. The most popular has been anything related to the NY Football Giants though I somehow don't see that number growing this season. All things pertaining to Notre Dame football also seem to lead people this way. However, it was the phrase "famous squirrels" that gave me the biggest chuckle off of the search terms list.

I'd also like to apologize to whomever it was that found their way here by searching for "spank buttons" I'm sure this was a colossal disappointment.

As far as referring sites go facebook and blogs that belong to my friends are riding high the list. Google also seems to be a big fan which I'm not surprised about because does anyone really use yahoo or bing these days?





And for whatever reason this is my most viewed post.

So basically, I don't know how you found me or why you're here or why you even keep coming back but if you've found something fun or entertaining I'm glad.




No comments:

Post a Comment