Pages

23.10.13

Food without Pumpkin in it!

So as it turns out I am physically capable of making something this time of year that doesn't have pumpkin in it. The trade off is that it will probably give you the diabetes. 

Now I'm not fancy enough to own a trifle bowl so I had to get creative with 3 medium sized storage bowels I had at home. This worked out great because I brought the desert over to a friends house where we were having dinner, left them a container for later and we got to keep one at the house for us. To say that this was a big hit would be an understatement. It was also really easy to make. 



If that doesn't look delicious to you I promise that it's much tastier than it looks. If that does look delicious to you than you deserve a high five for being awesome and seeing passed the poor photo quality.

Now that I think about it this is probably exactly what I would have made myself for dinner if my parents had left me home alone and I wandered into the kitchen at the age of 7.

Stock photo incase you still can't see the awesome:


This perfectly illustrates the awesomeness of the trifle though because no matter how messy or crappy it looks it's all going to the same place and it's all going to taste amazing.

What you will need:
1 box chocolate cake mix
2 boxes of chocolate jello instant pudding
4 cups of milk (as per the pudding directions)
1 cup peanut butter (plus 4 tbsp for drizzling)
1 large container of cool whip
1 bag of mini Reese peanut butter cups (chopped into pieces)
1 large bag of Reese's pieces

What you must do:
Bake the cake as per the directions on the box. Let cool completely.

Let cool whip thaw out until it's easier to spread.

Make the pudding as per the directions on the box, at the very end before you let it set stir in the cup of peanut butter. Let set.

Crumble the cake into a trifle dish (or bowl) 
Top with 1/2 of the pudding mixture
Add a layer of cool whip (1/2 the container)
 Sprinkle 1/2 of the chopped Reese peanut butter cups and 1/2 the bag of Reese's pieces.

Do another layer exactly the same: cake, pudding, cool whip, candy.


Put the 4 tbsp of peanut butter into the microwave for about 45 seconds to melt, then drizzle over top of the trifle.

And then try to beat your friends to the bowl before they eat it all without you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment