Pages

16.10.13

Books are your friends


So I've been on a bit of a reading kick lately. Not too much variety in my book choices but that's probably because b New England gets a bit spooky in the fall and Stephen King fits right in. Though as the years go on it becomes increasingly difficult for me to find books of his that I haven't read yet. Something about his story telling speaks to me and comforts me. Though I cannot be sure if it's him or the fact that I began reading his works when I was 11 and perhaps since most of the story lines are intertwined I feel like I'm visiting very old friends. I am very proud to to be a constant reader.

Either way below you will find three of my latest SK adventures and something completely different for those of you who don't adore as I do.
 
I absolutely love short stories because they give me so much to ponder when they are over and this was no exception. This story stole an afternoon of my life because I couldn't find the lull that would make it alright for me to put it down. It was a nice mix of creepy and gory with a heaping dose of WTF. 


This particular book has been on my mental "to read" list for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure what stopped me but I'm glad it did. I feel like now in my late 20s I was able to truly appreciate the story that showed real life can be so much more horrible than fantasy.

I pre ordered as soon as it was available to do so. The shining is one of my favorite books and the fact that it was getting a sequel thrilled me beyond belief. I get rather attached to the characters I read about in books and the chance to catch up with some of them absolutely did not disappoint.

And now for something completely different. 
I have a family history with Alzheimer's and every day I take care of people who have dementia. I highly recommend this book to anyone who will interact with someone who falls into either of those categories. This is a disease that not many understand and when it affects someone that you love it becomes even harder to understand because emotions can get in the way. This book puts a lot into perspective and provides the reader with an alternate way to view the disease as well as it's victim.


What are you currently reading? Anything I might like?  




No comments:

Post a Comment