Pages

17.10.13

Pumpkin Palooza Part 3


Today I bring you yet another pumpkin adventure and this one is absolutely perfect because the temperature has dropped and I'm seating heating oil trucks all over the place making deliveries now. Soup just my be my favorite food in the entire world if you think that's an odd statement I'd suggest you get yourself looked at.

I'll be the first to admit that I couldn't get the beef to even try this, though I will also admit that I didn't push too hard because I wanted to keep it for myself.

Most of the soups I make are more of an all day project but this was quick and easy and gave me the satisfaction of having made it myself as well as a warm full belly.

If you're looking for bursts of flavor you might want to look elsewhere or find something to jazz this up (an apple?), it's very simple and comforting and isn't likely to wow the socks off of any dinner party guests.




What you will need:
2 tablespoons butter 
1 small onion, chopped 
2 (15 oz.) cans pumpkin puree
4 cups water
1 cup milk 
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Salt & Pepper to taste

What to do with it:Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and cook, stirring often until very soft, about 8 minutes.
Add pumpkin, water, milk, syrup, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
 Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, whisking often, or hit it with the immersion blender as I did.

What's your favorite kind of soup?

No comments:

Post a Comment