Pages

8.11.11

Candles!!




Maybe I'm a fire bug but I really love candles. I always have one burning in my room. I don't love all candles though, maybe I'm a bit of a candle snob.

When I can I find myself the big over priced ones, usually from yankee candle. I'm really picky about the scent. I don't like candles that smell floral in anyway or ones that are citrus. Typically I like warm mellow scents. Usually these come in the form of food scents. I absolutely love food scents.

Every season I gravitate towards a certain scent and if I can manage that is the only one I use until the season changes. For instance this summer the scent of my choice was peach. Currently, and this should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me, my room smells of pumpkin. I've had some medical expenses recently so I had to get the Walmart candles for this one but because of the price difference I was able to stock up and I'm actually very pleased with the quality of scent, I just feel like they don't burn as long as the pricier ones.

I did also go out on a limb and bring home an apple pie candle and a creme brule candle but I'm still on the fence about those. I suppose there really is no competing with pumpkin.

I know for the last few years my winter scent has been Christmas cookie, if memory serves me correctly I really stocked up last year so if I can find the boxes I stored them away in I won't be needing to buy candles for a while. That really is my favorite scent ever and I know it's super predictable, it's a lot of peoples favorite scent, but it reminds me of growing up so much that I don't even care.

Are you a candle person? What scents do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment