Pages

16.1.14

It's hammock time!


This Christmas I was an awesome wife and bought The Beef a Hennessy Hammock to use on the overnight hiking adventures we are planning for this year. The company has no idea I'm writing about this, I just thought it was so neat that I had to share. As someone who regularly "luxury car camps" (public campgrounds, air mattress, etc) hammock camping is completely out of my comfort zone and I am absolutely pumped to give it a whirl. 

This is how the product is described on the company website, "At last, you will never need to find a level campsite. No more roots, rocks or puddles coming through the floor of your tent. No more aching muscles and stiff joints from sleeping on the hard ground. And no more carrying a heavy tent.  Finally, a shelter that takes the pain out of the outdoors and is good for the environment."

Sounds pretty good to me!

Despite all the snow we got 2 days ago the temperature rocked up to 40 degrees and everything melted so we decided to venture out into the mud to woods behind the house to set the hammock up and see how it went. To be honest it was much easier to do than I expected and the only need for two people came because we were reading the instructions for the first time. Setting up again should be a breeze for for someone by themselves with a little practice. 



The hammock all set up .


Now with the rain fly.


The Beef lounging inside. You get in through a velcro opening in the bottom that snaps closed once you lay down. 


Lounging away. He said it was really comfortable. 


View from the inside, I also found it to be comfortable. 


It also doubles as a chair or a lounger.


And with the snake skin sleeves (sold separately) it packs up nice and tiny.


And just shove it into your little back and on into your backpack!
It only weighs 3lbs 2oz! 

Now that I know that I like it and wouldn't be claustrophobic or feel like I was sleeping in a coffin I just need to get one for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment