Pages

18.8.15

Weekly Workout Summary 8/16/15

Update is a little late, trying to get all of my ducks in a row this week!

Monday: Woke up at 4:30 am sore, blistered and chafed in several unpleasant places from my 6 miler the day before. Thought seriously about staying in bed and then remembered I was meeting someone for a run and I couldn't be a jerk like that so I got up. Really glad I did, I was only scheduled for 3 miles and I felt great during them, the soreness vanished quickly and I managed to settle into a nice comfortable pace as instructed. Final time: 31:13



Tuesday: I checked the weather the night before and they were calling for rain so I cancelled my running buddies and decided to do my 4.5 miles on the treadmill. When I woke up there was no way in hell I could do the treadmill. My mindset just would not allow it. So I peaked outside and noticed it wasn't raining yet, I checked the forecast and the percentage had been cut in half so I figured it would be worth a shot. The problem was that it was 5am and overcast so it was so dark outside. I need to be better prepared for this, also a half mile out it started raining. I had my little flashlight, my water bottle and I was fumbling with my headphones. I don't have enough hands for that. It worked out well though, eventually I found a groove even though it was creepy running in such darkness. I made the executive decision to change my route and ran to a local dentists office who has a pretty big well lit parking lot where I ran in circles for 3/4 of a mile until the sun came up enough where I felt more comfortable heading back into the woods. This was my second day in a row of negative splits so I was very pleased with that. Final Time: 47:39

Wednesday: Speed work. Run a quarter mile fast, jog back and then repeat for 8 more times. We attempted this later in the day, not properly fueled for it and started out way to fast. It turned into run run faster than comfortable and walk in between. We hung in there though and really amped up our pace, it took a few rounds but we are getting better. Mentally it's much easier than it used to be. Final Miles: 4.3

Thursday 4 miles scheduled, 4 miles run. Hit this one early in the morning and rocked it. Almost completely negative splits, missed it by 2 seconds on mile 2 but I blame the big hill for that. I've come so far over the last few weeks, I'm glad I've been keeping track of everything because it's great to look back and see how far I've come. I can't wait to see where I am another month from now.

Friday: 2 miles scheduled, 2 miles done. Got this in before I started my road trip, I was very glad it was only 2 miles because it was hot and I was exhausted and eager to get on the road.

Saturday: Rest and by rest I mean walk about 7 miles around Niagara falls.



Sunday: 5k scheduled, only got 3 miles and I am happy with that because it was after 5 hours in the car, it was hot and humid as all hell, I was dehydrated and I'm not sure I'd eaten anything all day. So basically it's a miracle I was able to run at all. Smarter choices lead to better results.




Total Weekly Miles: 19.8
Total Monthly Miles: 39.07

No comments:

Post a Comment