Pages

9.11.11

House stuff.



Another big change in my life is where I live. Earlier this year it became clear to me that staying in my old beloved apartment just wasn't going to work out. I sucked up my pride and for the first time in 7 years I found myself living back at home.

I'm not an overly religious person but sometimes wonder if there isn't something to that whole "the lord works in mysterious ways" mantra. Shortly after I moved home my mother became ill and my presence here was desperately needed. I'm happy to say she's full recovered and doing well now but that really was an important time for me.

It seemed like a hell of a mess at the time but looking back I can see that all that craziness was necessary. It allowed me to have a purpose for being back home instead of feeling sorry for myself and it was during that time that I started to suspect that my friendship with the beef (still friendship at this point) was more meaningful than I'd originally thought (we know how that turned out). It also allowed me a small bit of comfort and sanity when work was at it's worse.

During the height of my mothers illness when I was taking care of the house all by myself the beef moved in to help out. It worked out so well my mother asked him to stay. We were still getting used to each other and having him around as a buffer was a bigger help than anyone of us could have ever dreamed of. In the months that have passed we've all settled into a comfortable routine.

Things got even more interesting about a month ago when my little brothers time in the USMC was over and he came home. So now it's the four of us living here. It's been another readjustment period but for the time being it's comforting to be around so much family again, who knows when this will ever happen again.

The beef and I have been talking about moving on and the decision has been made to save up some extra money while we wait for me to finish class and get a new job. My employment options will be much less limited if we don't have to worry about the driving distance.

I currently have a 15 minute commute to work, we could move even closer than we are now but with some of that options available to me (the connections I have at school make my current residence the center point from which all employment options spiral out) that could leave with me an hour commute. I'm not really up to that with the snow storm we just had fresh in my mind. So we're patiently waiting for the job situation to straighten itself out before the housing one does.

I'm not going to lie, not being able to decorate my own place for Christmas this year is kind of a bummer but on the other hand having my mom handy to help me with all of my Christmas crafting is a really decent trade off. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment